Escape Analysis using Soot

Fellow chimney sweeps,

I'm trying to do some escape analysis using Soot. I've got it happily
iterating over statements and following call-sites but what I can't seem
to do is to hang some user data on any of the Value subclasses.

Ideally what I want is to be able to stuff two sets into each Value: one
for aliases and one for the escape state. I could use a map to associate
my data with a Value (using the Value name as a key) but that's a pain;
even more painful would be to add fields to Value (or extend it) but that
means hacking the classes which implement the Value interface.

Am I missing something entirely obvious here?

Any help much appreciated,
--
Andy