OutOfMemory exceptions

Hi,

We have been using Soot for quite a long time. Thanks for your great
work!

Recently, I often get OutOfMemory exceptions when I am performing
experiments on Soot. I
have set both the max stack and heap size to 800m (java1.2.2).  I really
don't know either it is
a heap overflow or a stack overflow. It is said that there are problems
with the garbage collection
on java1.2.2. Is it true?

I am still using soot-1.beta.5 instead of soot 1. It is not possible for
me to migrate to soot R. 1.
Because there are many codes implemented one year ago by Liang Guo and I
will be leaving soon.

I think this is not only a problem of memory efficiency but a problem of
porting between different
versions.

Does anyone know how to solve this exception or recommend some way to
get around it.

Thanks

suqi