Re: Bugs in Soot

Hi Philippe,

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Philippe Laporte wrote:

> If you specify the -W option before the --app option, it does not work:
>
> ex: java -Djava.compiler=NONE soot.Main  -W --app <classfile>
>
> compilation failed: Can only whole-program optimize in application mode!
>
> Obviously order should not matter

Order does matter.  We do one pass through the arguments and parse them
on-line, so we can't go back and change our mind about the arguments.

> Soot started on Fri Oct 27 13:52:09 PDT 2000
> Transforming BST... BST.jasmin:4: Warning - Syntax error.
> .field protected "root"
>                         ^
> BST.jasmin:4: Error - Couldn't repair and continue parse.
> .field protected "root"
>                         ^
> BST.jasmin: Found 2 errors

This error is typically encountered when using old versions of jasmin.  We
needed to modify it because it couldn't handle some odd field names.

$ java jasmin.Main -version
Jasmin version: v1.06-s8

pat