Re: FYI: new feature

Hi,

> > Java programs CAN read enviroment Variables.
> > System.getProperties() returns a java.util.Property, the
> > keys are the names of the environment variables and the
> > values are the associted strings.
> > However, AFAIK System.getProperties() contains not only
> > the environment variables but also jvm settings.
>
> I just tested this claim.
>
> I couldn't find any mention of SOOT_CLASSPATH in there at all.  Looks like
> getProperties() only returns system properties.

You have to specify it using the -D option of the java interpreter :
java -DSOOT_CLASSPATH=...

Otherwise, you have to specify it in a special .properties file, that you
can load with the load method of the Properties object.
I have to check if there is something newer that what I am talking about.
But I don't think you can read environment variables...

Regards,
Fabien

--
----        Fabien Deschodt                    Sable Research Group