Another way: Jimple to Source code mapping

Charles, you are right. I will restructure the question:
While jimplifying class files (with debug symbols), does Soot extract line
number
information from the class file and if yes where it holds it. If Soot
doesn't extract this info
what is the easiest way for me, to extract that information ?
This is very important, because otherwise there is no "normal" way to
perform any
source code related tasks (no way to tell the writer of a class file(user)
where exactly the problem exists !)
Alex.

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Patrick LAM wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Warshavsky Alex wrote:
>
> > Is there any way I can map a jimple statement back to a source
> > code ? If not, what is the easiest way to do that ?
>
> Do you just want to do one statement or a whole method?
>
> If you just want to get a statement, converting to Grimp would probably
> usually be effective.  If you want to convert whole methods, ask
> jerome@cs.mcgill.ca.

I understood the question differently. I thought he meant you have a
jimple stmt from a debug class, how do you get the original source info
(line number...). This information is an attribute in the byte code but I
don't know how to get it in the soot framework.

Charles Godin
cgodin@discreet.com