Re: What exactly does the -W flag do?

Hi,

> What exactly is involved when the user specifies the -W flag?  For me,
> after doing so and invoking SOOT on some simple code, the amount of memory
> it consumes sky rockets to the point where the JVM returns
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError (top reports that it consumes more than about
> 80 Mb and then dies).
80 Mb :o) Yes it is very likely to crash then.
 We are working on speed and space optimisation right now, but it will
still use a lot of resources. Try with -Xmx to allocate as much memory
as possible.

> Still, the amount of memory SOOT consumes sky rockets.  What further
> analysis is done when the -W flag is set?
Setting -W also sets -O (because Soot does not optimize by default). So
even if you turn off the wjop pack, you will still have the jop pack
running.

Regards,
Fabien

--