Re: def-use in SOOT ?

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Sandrine Sage wrote:

> I would like to know if SOOT is able to compute approximate/easy
> def-uses for some code under test. If not, does it already have built-in
> tools/methods that I could use to get def-use chains efficiently ?

If you have a JimpleBody, you can create new SimpleLocalDefs and
SimpleLocalUses for that body.

These classes live in soot.toolkits.scalar.  The CompleteUnitGraph lives
in soot.toolkits.graph.

To get a SimpleLocalDefs, use the following code, assuming that b is your
JimpleBody.

	LocalDefs ld = new SimpleLocalDefs(new CompleteUnitGraph(b));

pat