Re: Soot API: VerifyError when using Chain.insertBefore() methods

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, nathan gulley wrote:

> I would appreciate any advice on what may be the cause of this problem.
> I have attatched the Jimple
> code for this instrumented class also.

The code of the v() method looks fishy:

        r4 = "Hello";
        staticinvoke <com.rtscinc.util.DebugMsg: void
          print(java.lang.String)>(r4);
        r5 = (com.rtscinc.util.DebugMsg) r4;
        staticinvoke <test.LoadMe_Assertion: void
          postcondition_v(java.lang.String,java.io.InputStream,
          com.rtscinc.util.DebugMsg)>(r1, r2, r5);

So you're passing the postcondition_v method a String (r4 is a String, and
r5 is r4; if the method executed, you'd probably get a
ClassCastException), not a DebugMsg.  I suppose that DebugMsg could be a
subclass of String.  Is it?

pat