Strict translation from classfile to BAF?

Hi again!

Thanks for all the answers that I have received regarding previous
questions. They have been very helpful. However, I'm not done yet ;-)

Is it (relatively easily) possible to get a strict translation from a
classfile to BAF representation? We would like to analyse step by step
what is happening during the run of a JAVA program, but instead of
working with bytecode it would be much nicer to work with BAF. JIMPLE
and GRIMP seem to be too far away from the bytecode level to be of any
use for us, unfortunately.

It seems, however, that when SOOT is translating a classfile to BAF, it
does some optimization, which means for example that there is no
correspondence between the numbers and usage of local variables in the
classfile and the BAF representation. Surely we don't want this to
happen, as it makes it impossible for us to make any guarantees as to
what is happening in the bytecode, given what we can deduce from the BAF
code.

So, the question is, simply, is it possible to get a classfile
translated directly, with no optimizations at all, to BAF, so that the
local variables in BAF corresponds exactly to the local variables in the
classfile, so that the stack is altered in the same way as in the
classfile, and so that the instructions in the classfile correspond
exactly to the BAF instructions?

As usual, all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

--
Ole Friis Østergaard <olef@daimi.au.dk>
  For unge til at føle ansvaret tynge