.ear and .war file support ??

Hello,

I am trying to use the Soot 1.2.2 Framework to read and instrument
classes located in .war and .ear files as part of an Enterprise
Application development tool. However, I learned that this capability is
not supported when I received the following error:

Warning: the following soot-classpath entry is not a supported archive
file (mus
t be .zip or .jar): E:\dev\classes\test.war

Are there any plans to add this facility to the Soot Framework? If not,
how would I go about doing it myself. Thanks.

Nathan