Call sites without any target methods in invoke graph

Hi,

I am using Soot to find out the methods that can possibly be called at
each call site. I am comparing CHA to VTA. While looking at the results,
I was surprised to see that for some call sites, there are no target
methods. There seems to be more empty call sites after VTA than after
CHA.

I see in method CallGraphStats.computeStats() (from file
InvokeGraph.java) the following condition:
    if (numOfEdges <= 1) { /* mono call site */ }
instead of
    if (numOfEdges == 1)
so I guess this is a normal condition. How come some call sites do not
have any target method?

Thanks,

Pierre-Luc Brunelle