Re: VTANativeAdjuster (Was: resolveConcreteDispatch() and resolveAbstractDispatch()_

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 03:39:55PM +0000, Stephen Cheng wrote:
> As I see it the VTA should not attempt to analyse the internals of a
> library, as libraries can independently change. Surely this will mean a
> reduction in code optimisation, but the resulting optimised code will longer
> be dependent on a particular version of library. This will eliminate the
> necessity of VTANativeAdjuster.

The design of VTA requires the whole program to be available for
analysis. Analyses that make conservative assumptions about unavailable
portions of the program are an area of active research, but none of
these analyses are currently implemented in Soot.

Ondrej