How do I create a SootClass object from a byte code array?

Hello,

I am writing an application that needs to instrument
multiple versions of the same class using Soot. Some
of these classes are located on other machines. None
of them are on the Soot classpath. I retrieve the byte
code for each class I want to instrument using a
variety of methods. However, it appears that Soot only
allows the creation of a SootClass from the first
class it encounters on its classpath.

Is there any way to create a SootClass object from a
byte code array?

Thanks,

nathan
natebox@yahoo.com