whole program analysis support

I am trying to simply compute reaching definitions in
Soot (as my first step anyway).  However, it seems
that Soots analysis framework only supports local
analysis.  When I build any kind of graph, such as a
CompleteUnitGraph or a CompleteBlockGraph, the graph
does not follow method calls, but simply represents
them as a unit which is a method call.  I discovered
the "StaticMethodBinder" which I believe should do
what I would like it to, which is substitute method
call instructions with pointers to that method (well,
it creates a new static method, but it is basically
the same as the original method).  However, it does
not help (or else I am using it wrong).  Anyway, is
there anyway to perform a whole program analysis while
still taking advantage of soot's analysis framework
(like ForwardFlowAnalysis)?  Is there any graph that
does this?  I know there is an invokeGraph, but can
the analysis framework still be used with this? Anyone
who has tried to do whole program analysis please help
me arrive at the best way to do this.
Thanks,
David Shepherd
University of Delaware