Re: Method not found although apparently exists

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 04:41:15PM -0000, Eric Bodden wrote:
> Hello!
>
> First of all: Actually I attached a zip file containing all the class
> files I was working on.

Sorry, I missed the attachment. It appears to work OK for me, on 1.4.1
on Linux, 1.3.1 on Solaris, and 1.4.1 on Solaris. You didn't specify a
main class, so I just grepped for a main method and tried a bunch.

If I were debugging this, I would start by putting some println's just
before the exception to tell you what methods Soot thinks the class has.

> > Phantom references were designed to do this. However, even with the
> > --allow-phantom-refs switch, at that particular point,
> > phantom refs are
> > forbidden. Could the person who wrote the code forbidding them there
> > (allowsPhantomRefs field in Scene) please explain why?
> Wasn't me, but anyway: Even when I activate phantom classes (or
> _deactivate_ this strange "alwaysDoNotAllowPhantomRefsWhatever"), I
> always get the strangest exceptions when applying CHA. So am I right
> that CHA on a Scene containing phantom classes will never work?

I believe CHA should work in the presence of phantom classes. But then,
I didn't write CHA, and I haven't seen your exceptions, so you know more
about it than I do.

Ondrej