Re: test of results of building graphs

Lin LI <lli31@cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> thank you for your response. Actually, I have built a similar tool with
> CFGViewer to visulize my PEG graph. The problem is this tool can show a
> peg for a small program, but it is not practical for large programs. So
> I'd like to know if there are other ways to test the results.

Well, starting small and looking for interesting results with small
examples is an excellent start... especially for something as
complicated as the PEG.  There are many small examples you can build
with interesting behaviour worth identifying (like those two I
mentioned) -- but you probably already have that covered.

I guess for the bigger stuff you would need to implement parallel
analyses/transformations on the PEG and try to see if the results make
sense.

Cheers,
Navin.