Re: Soot 2.0.0 info request

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 07:16:01PM +0100, Eric Bodden wrote:
> Hi!
> > - first release of Eclipse integration (many sub-features in here)
>
> That sounds interesting sine we thaught about integrating our
> application into Eclipse as well (it basically allows on the fly call
> graph query by click on the sourcecode and display of the graph in a
> visual graph). What exactly are you planning to integrate?

Well, the general idea is to give access to as much of what Soot
computes from Eclipse. This means that we're trying to display Soot
attributes in various ways. For most attributes, this means putting up
tooltips with the attribute text. For the call graph in particular,
we've got tooltips with the possible targets at each call site. Ideally,
these would be clickable and would take you to the actual method, but
that's not quite there yet.

We're pretty open to ideas, and we're not set on anything specific;
we're experimenting with Eclipse to see what kinds of ways we can find
to display things.

Ondrej