Re: benchmarks (ashes or otherwise)

Hi,

	Unfortunately, all of the ashes benchmarks have a fixed input. You can
either change the input of benchmarks (when possible) to make them run
longer, or you can wrap their execution inside a main method to make them
perform the same task multiple times. If you know some basic shell scripting,
then either of these solution should be rather simple to implement, although
not convenient if you have to do it for a large number of benchmarks.

	Such problems will be fixed in Ashes2, the next generation of the Ashes
benchmarking framework. There is a pre-release of Ashes2 available at:
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/~bdufou1/ashes2/
but I still have to convert most benchmarks to use the new format.
Suggestions, comments, feature requests or other forms of contribution are
always welcome. If you tell me which particular benchmarks you are interested
in, I can probably manage to to package them within a reasonable time frame.

Best regards,

	Bruno Dufour