using soot for a sablevm project

Hi.

I have a little bit of code that extends Soot to transform some classes (in the Java sense, no actual modification of Soot source files yet -- all I do is extend BodyTransformer and add my own main method that adds my phase and calls Soot's main method). It might grow a little in the future to include some other analyses, but I'm not sure if I will ever actually modify the core Soot files. Then again maybe I already am modifying Soot because my code calls it and is called by it.

This is part of a speculative multithreading (spmt) project I'm doing in SableVM (I insert dummy method calls that are recognized and transformed by SableVM at method preparation time). Etienne (the SableVM maintainer) says it's better if I put Soot-related stuff in the Soot repository . . . what do you guys think? Should I make a copy of the trunk in soot/branches/soot-2-spmt and create my own spmt directory in that branch? Or put a license statement about Soot in my SableVM project and keep it all there? By the way, SableVM is also under the LGPL.

Right now, it seems easiest for me if I just have one repository to worry about, but I will do this if it's the best way. I'm just a Soot user at the moment, but it seems that this also means developer, hence the confusion / hesitation / questions.

Cheers,
Chris