NewInokeExpr and CmpXXX instructions in Jimple

Hi,

Does NewInvokeExpr have any use in Jimple? I am guessing not. Am I right? I am guessing that it is more relevant in Grimp.

Also, there are CmpExpr, CmplExpr, and CmpgExpr expressions in Jimple along with 6 relational operator expressions. I am guessing these latter 6 represent the if_icmp and/or if JVM instructions. If so, I wonder to what is the mapping from CmpXXXX expressions to the JVM instructions? Do they map to if_acmp, dcmp, and fcmp? However, as Jimple is typed, can't these also be represented by overloading a few of the former expressions? I am trying to understand the intuition/reason behind CmpXXXX expressions in order to know how these influence any translation from Jimple to another representation.

waiting for reply,

--

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath,
Dept. Computing and Information Science,