Re: Incremental Callgraph built

Hi Eric,

I don't know much about call graph research ... but ... did you already try an extensive search with Google and CiteSeer?  If somebody did this for a non-Java language, you still might be interested.

Cheers,
Chris

Eric Bodden wrote:
Hi again! Has really nobody done any work on that field before? I would be
very grateful for any hints...

I am currently investigating the possibility of developing a
static approximation that helps to optimize weaving of a
cflow statement in AspectJ. For this purpose one would need a
partial call graph giving the transitive closure of all
outgoing calls of a certain method. So far no problem - apart
from efficiency. As I know the call graph analysis is
typically very slow, especially when it comes to VTA or even
more. So is there anybody who ever considered or even tried
to implement kind of an incremental approach for building
call graphs, meaning that e.g. if only one class is changed,
only the edges touching this very class are recalculated?
Or are there even problems that I did not think about which
might make that impossible?

Cheers,
Eric