[rumster@tau.ac.il: Whole-Jimple Post-Transformation pack]

----- Forwarded message from Roman Manevich <rumster@tau.ac.il> -----

From: "Roman Manevich" <rumster@tau.ac.il>
To: <olhotak@sable.mcgill.ca>
Subject: Whole-Jimple Post-Transformation pack
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:41:17 +0200

Hi Ondrej,

I tried mailing the following message to the Soot mailing list twice, but
for
some strange reason it doesn't seem to be reaching its destination.
Would you be kind enough to post it for me?

Thanks,
Roman

====

Hi,

We are using Soot to translate Java to the language of our static analysis
tool
TVLA.
Our problem is that we need a whole scene transformer that operates _after_
all
other transformations have finished.
(Unfortunately, the current situation lets us add our transformation to
either
one of the Whole-Jimple packs, which apply before other optimization packs
[jtp, jop, jap], or to a body transformation, which is not adequate for our
needs.)

Since PackManager is immutable and all standard packs are added during
initialization, my current solution for this is to modify the 'init' method
add a whole-jimple post-transformation pack (wjptp).

Is there a better way to achieve this effect?
If no, please consider integrating this minimal modification into future
Soot
versions (I attach the modified source PackManager.java file).

Thanks,
Roman

----- End forwarded message -----