Re: jasmin 1.05<->1.2 incompatibility, or...?

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile rather simple piece of code (attached) w/ jasmin.
> (It's a part of sablevm-test-suite) If I use 1.05 version - it work
> smoothly. However if I use 1.2 I get:
>

> /usr/bin/jasmin SVMTestInlinabilityBytecodeVerificationFields.j -d .
> SVMTestInlinabilityBytecodeVerificationFields.j:17: Warning - Syntax
> error.
> .field public aByte

At some point, we modified Jasmin so that field names in field
declarations need to be quoted (eg .field public "aByte" B).  I think that
it let us compile classes with fields named 'field', or something.  If you
quote your field names, then it will compile.

pat