Introduction

Hi there soot-list.

My name is Helge Jensen, Im aged 31, and have studied computer science at the university of Aarhus. I have had some years of inactivity due to my work at Cryptomathic A/S (www.cryptomathic.com), but have now changed to a part-time job at kamstrup (www.kamstrup.com) in order to finish my masters thesis.

For my M.Sc. thesis i am implementing a Binding Time Analysis for Java. My supervisor is Ulrik Pagh Schultz, which has previously done work on the tempo partial evaluator.

The idea is to implement a relatively simple BTA for jimple by:

1. using structural analysis to recreate the compositional control-flow from jimple-code into a simple "WHILE"-type language

2. Apply standard monovariant BTA techniques to the compositional control-flow

And then investige how/if the Alias analysis in soot allows the BTA to compensate for a monovariant BTA.

I have checked out soot from SVN, and got it to compile and i'm able to implement simple analysis and transformations now.

--
Helge