Grimp vs. DAVA

I can see that the DAVA decompilation is limited to run only on GrimpBody's in the code (DavaBody.java):

if (!(body instanceof GrimpBody))
throw new RuntimeException("You can only create a DavaBody from a G
rimpBody!");

But would the DAVA body-generation not work just as well on jimple code?
If not, where does it break?

I removed the test, and the code compiles cleanly without casting grimpBody to GrimpBody, and actually does (the simple) proper dava-transformations that i've tested it out with sofar.

--
Helge