Accessing context-sensitive PointsTo analysis data

In a message dated "Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:55:39 -0500" (quite a while ago) Ondrej said (To ups@daimi.au.dk):

One thing that's missing is an abstract interface like the PointsToAnalysis
interface which gives you points-to information without having to know
anything about the underlying points-to analysis implementation. The
current PointsToAnalysis knows nothing about contexts. Probably this
should be one of the first things that we should design, so that you can
get the information you need without worrying about the implementation.

I am now requesting that interface, or another way to use the context-sensitive PointsTo and CallGraph analysis :)

I didn't want to design this interface until I had some client in mind
that would use it, to give me a better idea of what information it needs
to provide.

Probably a wise choice.

Anyway, I think the simplest way to extend it would be to
add a new version of each of the reachingObjects methods that takes an
extra Context parameter. Would this give you the information you need?

That sounds reasonable.

Could I get way to enumerate possible contexts for methods? It seems to me that would be usefull, if not required.

--
Helge