statement distinguisher

Hi, there

I have a naive question. I wonder how I can distinguish among data-flow information of seemingly the same statements?
Let's say, I've detected a loop and come to know that stmt A is in a loop and another stmt A' taking the same appearence with A is out of a loop. In later phase, I want to answer that whether or not a certain statement is in a loop. However only with Stmt, I cannot tell A from A'. Isn't there any unique information available?

Jooyong Lee (www.brics.dk/~jlee)
BRICS(www.brics.dk)
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Aarhus