soot bug?

Hi.

I was making some soot translators, and all seemed to work well, but when I applied my translator to the following IfTest class file, all of a sudden I was trapped in a NullpointExceptionError thrown by TypeAssigner. But I doubtless believe that the bug is in Soot itself. With the same file, I tried a normal application of Soot, just translating to a jimple file(You know... >java soot.Main -f jimple IfTest), and I got the same error report. What happend?

class IfTest {
int x,y;
x=1;
y=2;