Re: A weird NopStmt

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Liang Guo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it is better to handle this NopStmt in my PDG too. But one
> thing I concern is that this NopStmt should have no impact on the
> other jimple stmts, in the form of data dependence or somthing else,
> right?

yes.  NopStmts do not affect any data dependences, or anything else.

Incidentally, note that even if a NopStmt is pointed to, as the target of
a jump for instance, and we remove that NopStmt, the code remains correct,
because the PatchingChain returned by Body.getUnits() will move the jump
to point to the next statement.

pat