Re: Problem with BlockGraph Constructor

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Girish Kumar wrote:

> I was trying to print the statements in terms of BasicBlocks, hence I
> constructed CompleteBlockGraph. But it gives a ClassCastException on line
> 327 of BlockGraph.java in soot/toolkits/graph. I am using beta.5 version.
> Here is the piece of code that I wrote:
>
> Fails Here
> 	>>  CompleteBlockGraph blockGraph = new CompleteBlockGraph(body);

We discovered a bug in the BlockGraph code in beta.5 due to some legacy
code.  I think this causes the problem you're experiencing.

In soot.toolkits.graph.BlockGraph, you need to remove all references to
"blockDeltaHeight".  Some references cast "Unit" to "Inst", which doesn't
necessarily go through.

We will be releasing another beta next Tuesday, including a whole bunch of
nifty stuff; for instance, the fix to this bug.

pat