Re: Points-To analysis

Hi,

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 walex@il.ibm.com wrote:

>   I need to perform some optimizations based on points-to analysis.
>   Developing inter-procedural points-to analysis from scratch,using Soot,
> seems to be a
>   nontrivial task. May be somebody has created something similar to it ?
>   Where can I get such an analysis ?

To my knowledge no one has developped any points-to analyses using Soot.
There are a number of interprocedural analyses but there aren't a lot of
flow-sensitive ones available.

I don't have time to develop points-to analysis for Soot at the moment.
It certainly seems nontrivial.  If you are willing to develop it I would
be happy to offer advice.

pat