Re: Points-To analysis

Hi Alex,

walex@il.ibm.com wrote:
>   I need to perform some optimizations based on points-to analysis.
>   Developing inter-procedural points-to analysis from scratch,using Soot,
> seems to be a
>   nontrivial task. May be somebody has created something similar to it ?
>   Where can I get such an analysis ?

I did develop a points-to analysis for SimpleC in Java, within a SableCC
generated framework.  You can certainly reuse most of the code. It's an
implementation of Steesgard's analysis.  You will have to rewrite the
type constraint collection part for Soot, but you should be able to
reuse the implementation of the different rules.

Have a look at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sableccgrammars/SimpleC/PointsToAnalysis.java?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=sableccgrammars

You can download the comlete package from:
http://download.sourceforge.net/sableccgrammars/sableccgrammars-1.2.0.jar

Have fun!

Etienne
Etienne M. Gagnon, M.Sc.                     e-mail: egagnon@j-meg.com