RE: Line numbers

Line number tables are optional attributes. It is useful for debugging or
when an exception happens. Usually it comes from javac, so one line java
source code may result several bytecodes. But after Soot transformation,
the line number table is not accurate anymore. Currently, Soot tries to
convert the line number table to tags attached to individual jimple
statement, and finally reconstructs the line number table from these tags.
It is obvious that the bytecode is not same as before the transformation.
I do not know how useful the line number is after transformation. Perhaps
you guys will try that.

Cheers,
Feng Qian                             fqian@sable.mcgill.ca