Re: Bytecode offset table support

Hi,
please find in this mail an attachment containing support for byte-code
offset tags.
If it's possible, we would very much like this to be integrated into future
Soot builds.

Here's a list of the changes:
1. The class soot.Main was modified to know about byte-code offset tags
(whether to keep the tables).
2. A new class 'ByteCodeOffsetTag' was added.
3. The 'CFG' class was modified, so that at the end of 'generateJimple' it
adds the byte-code offset
to the statement object.

By the way, I noticed that the local variables 'localIndex' is unused in the
'generateJimple' method.
I also noticed that the API javadocs are missing for most of the classes in
the coffi package
(InstructionXXX).

Roman

------

> I noticed that the current soot version includes line number table
support.
> Is there also a way to get "bytecode offset table" information, i.e.,
getting
> for a jimple statement the offset of its corresponding bytetcode in the
> jimplified method.
Yes,

> If there is no current way, would adding a BytecodeOffsetTag (this is a
> currently non-existing tag) to a jimple statement and setting it during
> soot.coffi.CFG.generateJimple to the label of the jimplified instruction
do the
> job?
It is the right way.

Cheers,