Re: BOUNCE soot-list@sable.mcgill.ca: Non-member submission from[Vids Samanta <vids@cs.purdue.edu>]

> tutorial its my understanding that I have to use jimple to carry out my
> analysis.

Yes, jimple is the mostly used IR in soot.

> framework with the bytecode I want to analyze, and get it to call my
> analysis on the converted jimple code.

See the following tutorial, which shows how to add an intraprocudural
phase to soot.
http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/tutorial/profiler/

> jimplify the classes? What happens to native calls?

Soot has an application mode '--app' and a command line options '-a' which
makes soot produce jimples for all libraries.

Current native calls are treated as methods with empty bodies.

Cheers,
Feng