Re: Spark allocNode

Spark uses a single AllocNode to represent all string constants.

In Soot 2.0, Spark keeps track of constant strings, and has separate
AllocNodes for each constant that is the name of a class. These are used
to deal with dynamic class loading using Class.forName(). It's trivial
to change it[1] to represent *every* string constant separately. However,
since there are so many string constants, this results in very large
points-to sets and slows down the analysis significantly.

Ondrej

[1] See soot.jimple.spark.builder.StandardParms.caseStringConstant()