Re: Soot on OS X?

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 03:30 AM, Derek Rayside wrote:

Hi Will,

On my Mac with OSX 10.2 and JDK 1.4.1, java.lang.Object is in:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.1/Classes/ classes.jar

I found it by running this little program:

    public class Test {
            System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.home"));

Which told me:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.1/Home

Then I just poked around from there until I found the classes.jar
mentioned above.

Rather than pointing at the specific version like that, you should make use of the symbolic links in /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework:

  Classes -> Versions/CurrentJDK/Classes
  Commands -> Versions/CurrentJDK/Commands
  Headers -> Versions/Current/Headers
  Home -> Versions/CurrentJDK/Home
  JavaVM -> Versions/Current/JavaVM
  Libraries -> Versions/CurrentJDK/Libraries
  Resources -> Versions/Current/Resources

These will always point to the current version.

So to find classes.jar, you should use:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Classes/classes.jar

--
Rohan Lloyd