Re: old to new soot questions

Ondrej,

My application walks over the code of user supplied classes (let's call
them U) and identifies all of the external references. Suppose, we
identified external class E that is referenced by U. My program creates a
stub for E and stores it in some table. Later, the program runs some
analysis on real E, and generates code for stub E based on the analysis
for real E.

Here is a feature that came up in new version of soot: when I create a
stub via command

SootClass stubE = new SootClass(realEname);

this command seems to overwrite the real class E, so that later when I try
to retrieve the real E from Scene, it gives me the stub, that of course
doesn't have the real code.

I can easily fix the problem by giving the stub classes names that are
different from the real names, but I was wondering why this change was
made. The old soot didn't seem to mind me creating classes with the same
names as long as I kept them out of Scene.

Oksana.