What classes are analyzed by the points-to analysis?

How does the Spark points-to analysis decide which classes to analyze?  I heard a
rumor that it analyses every possible class that could have a static initializer
called.  Is this true?  And if so, is there any way to limit the points-to
analysis to just the methods and classes that the classloader needs to compile?

We're getting pretty slow runtimes for a simple hello world-type application and
we're looking for ways to speed it up.

Thanks,
	-Jaime