Re: your mail

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Liang Guo wrote:

> > I just installed the latest publicly-available Soot (soot-1.beta.4) to
> > test, along with SableUtil 1.11.  For instance, I get:
>
> The version I am using is: soot-1.beta.3, sableUtil-1.11.
>
> I don't think the problem I got has something related to the version sot
> Soot. Because, before the system upgrade, everything runs great. I
> contructed an interprocedural representation of Java program on Jimple,
> now I am doing slicing on it. The day before yesterday, everything is
> fine.

I thought that the problem was related to a Jimple upgrade, but actually
only Java got upgraded, correct?

> BTW, the Java I am using has changed from Java1.1.3 to 1.1.6. Do you
> think that affects my problem?

Your classpath should contain the classes.zip corresponding to the version
of Java you are running.  There might be problems if this is not the case.

Also, when you mail a stack trace, it is useful to have one that has
line numbers -- disable the JIT first.

pat