Re: your mail

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Patrick LAM wrote:

> Your classpath should contain the classes.zip corresponding to the version
> of Java you are running.  There might be problems if this is not the case.
>
> Also, when you mail a stack trace, it is useful to have one that has
> line numbers -- disable the JIT first.
>
> pat

There is another thing that has been a constant source of bugs for me.
Soot uses it's own classpath that does not need to be the same has the
environment one.

To avoid this

At the beginning of each of my programs, I do

      ca.mcgill.sable.soot.Main.sootClassPath =
	java.lang.System.getProperty("java.class.path");

Then, to check when weird stuff happens, I do

      java.lang.System.out.println("Classpath: " +
	ca.mcgill.sable.soot.Main.sootClassPath);

This way both classpaths are the same and I do not need to recompile to
change them.

Good luck

Charles Godin
cgodin@discreet.com