Re: Tracked down: Linenumber bug

what you consider as "important" and what not.

I was worrying about too many tags created if every bytecode has a tag. If it is the case, then I think only bytecodes that can throw exceptions need line number tags since line numbers are mostly useful in these situations. According to John's study, high percentages of bytecode can throw exceptions. We can skip some uncommon exceptions such as divided-by-zero. A list of important bytecodes in my mind are: new and new array instructions, method invocations, array accesses, field accesses, type casts.

Cheers,
Feng